DHBT BUILDINGS CONSERVATION AWARDS SCHEME 2019 FOR DEVON
The Devon Historic Buildings Trust is pleased to announce the 2019 Buildings Conservation Awards scheme for the historic buildings of Devon.
The aim of the Awards is to encourage all those who work with historic buildings in the County whether they are Listed or of importance in a townscape or landscape, by acknowledging their best conservation practice and good design. Every project within each category will be judged on its own merits, and every type of built environment is eligible to apply regardless of size, type or budget.
There are four awards categories:
- Category A: Repairs of an historic building or structure (being any wall or structure of an historical nature or in an historical setting).
- Category B: Restoration of an historic building or structure.
- Category C: A new build structure in an historic setting, including an AOB or Conservation Area.
- Category D: The regeneration of an historic building or structure, or the regeneration of buildings in a group.
Details: Within categories A and B, the importance of identifying the technical and philosophical issues, and how they would be resolved, leading to a sound conservation philosophy which then informs the eventual outcome, will be essential. With all categories the assessors will look for entries that demonstrate the broad range of skills and how they have informed the outcome.
The projects must have been completed within two years from the entry closure date Monday 15th April 2019. Applications may be submitted by the owner, a member of the design team or any of the contractors involved with the project. An entry fee of £25 applies to all categories.
Timescale: Entries may be submitted at any time between Monday 11th March 2019 and the closing date of Monday 15th April 2019. A shortlist of potential winners will be announced to all applicants and to the media in September 2019.
The well-publicised Awards ceremony, to which the short listed applicants and the press will be invited, will take place in October 2019 at Ocean Studios (last year’s winner), Royal William Yard, Plymouth.
Levels of Award:
- An Awards plaque and Certificate will be awarded to the winning project in each category that demonstrates excellence in achieving the quality of process, application and appearance of an historic building or structure.
- Certificates of Commendation will be awards to the runners up projects in each category.
- Certificate of Commendation will be awarded to a project that has made an important contribution to the repair, restoration or future of an historic building. Such a project will demonstrate a good standard of conservation and/or design.
How to apply for the Awards scheme:
Our guidance notes and the 2019 application forms can be accessed from the buttons below.
If further information is required please contact Mrs Sue Spackman – DHBT Awards on 01822 615221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.